Thursday, March 24, 2011

FAT

"…I use the word fat. I used that word because that’s what fat people are. They’re fat. They’re not large; they’re not stout, chunky, hefty or plump. And they’re not big-boned. Dinosaurs are big-boned. These people are not necessarily obese. Obese is a medical term. And they’re not overweight. Overweight implies there is some correct weight. There is no correct weight. Heavy is also a misleading term. An aircraft carrier is heavy; it’s not fat. Only people are fat, and that’s what fat people are. They’re fat. I offer no apology for this. It is not intended as criticism or insult. It is simply descriptive language. I don’t like euphemisms. Euphemisms are a form of lying. Fat people are not gravitationally challenged. They’re fat. I prefer seeing things the way they are, not the way some people wish they were." – George Carlin, Brain Droppings
Also, check out this link: http://www.definatalie.com/2010/05/01/you-cant-bully-me-out-of-my-skinny-jeans/ 

6 comments:

  1. haha for a minute there i though these were your musings,and i was like uhm somebody's a little politically incorrect!
    thankfully they'r not-and my guess is mr. george karlin is skinny,else he'd know better!

    http://thesartorialdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, Mr. George Karlin may be skinny, but its refreshing to see him call it as it is! You get tired of people trying to be politically correct at times! Such as "circumferentially challenged". To me, that "politically correct" phrase just sounds a lot ruder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh damn. That was a refreshing piece!
    Got me thinking.
    You should post more of these.

    xx

    http://jitterbug-r.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bonniela, for the encouragement, will do my best! I'm not much of a writer at all, but should i happen to come across something like it, it'll def be here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thoroghly enjoyed reading this ..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi^^
    haha, with opinions like that, the George guy would be a fun person to know.
    also, i just came across across your blog today and it's just a little crazy how we've got quite a bit in common!
    -we both live in B'lore
    -we both are Piscean
    -our blog templates are the same. :P
    -and we both kinda have the same Gadgets on our blog as well. lol!
    cheers. (:

    ReplyDelete